Clinical competencies are eLearning modules designed to provide support workers with the learning they need when supporting a person with medical care needs.
MySkill can provide a template for each clinical competency to be signed off by a Registered Nurse, this can be adapted to suit the needs of the employer.
The practical sign-off for the Medication Administration – Stage 2 can be done by a trained assessor from the employer and MySkill can provide a template to support this process.
Clinical Competencies (non-NZQA)
- Catheter Management
- Cervical Collar Competency
- Medication Management Stage 2: Administration includes:
- Ear Medication
- Metered Dose Inhalers
- Prepacked Medications
- Nasal Spray
- Topical Ointments and Creams
- Liquid Oral Medication
- Diabetes Management and Insulin Admin
- Enema Administration
- Nebulised Medication
- Oxygen Therapy Administration
- PEG/Gastronomy Care
- Post Cataract Eye Drop Administration
- Rectal Suppositories Administration
- Sublingual and Buccal Medication
- Transdermal Patch Administration